We will highly appreciate your CV and motivation letter in English.
Dümmen Orange is a leading company in the breeding and development of cut flowers, bulbs, succulents, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. Its annual turnover is around €260 m. The company employs over 7,000 people worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Position: Commercial Manager
- Managing the sales team and ensure that sales targets of all products (besides Anthurium) will be achieved
- Optimize the sales results in China
- Optimize the commercial results of our licensees and agents
- Maintaining and optimizing relations with key-accounts
- Developing new businesses
- Responsible for the translation of our corporate identity, image and brand values into the Chinese cooperation and market
- Preparation and presentation sales plan for budget
- Plan and discuss visit plans with Account Managers
- Preparing and chairing the sales meetings
- Obtaining market information through stakeholders in horticultural business
- Monitor individual and team key performance indicators of Account Managers
- Monitor sales budget
- Coordinating sales activities and help/coach sales reps to achieve there objectives
- Being a leader and an example to the (sales) team regarding pro-activeness and act in terms of possibilities and getting things done
- Linking with experts in our organisation to organise support and expertise where necessary
- Experienced in managing and motivating a sales team.
- Knowledge of Chinese business culture necessary. Ability to bridge the differences between the European and the Chinese business environment.
- Bachelor degree or higher in e.g. business administration, agriculture or horticulture. Or proven track record working on this level.
- Fluency in English is required, proficiency in Mandarin and/or Dutch would be preferred.
- Living in Shanghai area or willing to.
- Knowledge of agriculture and horticulture is a big advantage.
- Willing to travel >90 days/ year.
- Commercial attitude.
- Good leadership skills.
- Excellent communicator and networker, able to make connections.
- Energetic and a high degree of commitment.
- Ability to work successful in the Chinese culture.
- Motivated and independent working attitude.
- Flexible and proactive attitude.